Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a fishing license for ocean fishing in Hawaii? Hawaii doesn't require a license to fish on the ocean.
2. What should I bring on my charter? Dark glasses, sunscreen, hat, and a camera.
3. How far out do we have to travel to get to the fishing grounds? We fish immediately out of the harbor.
4. How crowded will the charter be? Our exclusive charters are up to 6 persons. Exclusive charters are just you and your party.
5. Do I have to rent/buy my tackle and bait? No. Your charter price include all tackle/bait.
4. What time does the charter leave? We leave around 7 and start fishing shortly after.
5. What should I wear? T-shirt, shorts or bathing suit or any other warm-weather clothing.
6. What type of fish will we fish for? We fish for all the major big gamefish including: black marlin, blue marlin, striped marlin, mahi-mahi, ahi, ono (wahoo).
7. What amenities are on your boat? We have a comfortable, covered cabin with enclosed head. We have a sonar fish finder as well as top of the line electronics, large selection of lures, Shimano tackle and rods, and a clean and quiet boat.
8. Can I bring my family and/or children along? Yes. Anglers of all ages are welcome. Ask us also about whale watch combined with fishing and/or snorkeling combined with fishing charters. All are welcome.
9. How far in advance should I book my charter? We recommend you book as soon as you know your dates to be sure of availability.
10. Can I keep the fish that I catch? Yes, you can keep the fish that you catch. We can also provide information about mounting your catch if you wish.
9. Should I book a 1/2 (4 hours) or full day (8 hours) charter? Either one, but keep in mind that you have a better chance at catching the big fish if you're out on the water all day. We also offer a 3/4 day (6 hours) charter if a full day will take too much time out of your schedule.
10. What is your tag and release policy? We can tag and release if requested.
11. How often do you catch fish? We cannot guarantee a catch every time, however 35% of our customers are repeats because they're happy!
12. How's the weather in Kona? Fishing conditions in Kona, Hawaii are among some of the best in the world because Kona lies in the lee of Hualalai mountain. Conditions normally are calm with clear skies.